The Friends of the Old Parliament House Rose Gardens enjoyed a fireside chat and high tea with John and Edwina Macarthur Stanham of Camden Park on Sunday 21 August 2016 at the Courtyard Restaurant, Mercure Canberra Hotel in Braddon.
The invitation is available here.
Camden Park was built for the Macarthur family in 1831. The convict built Palladian house was designed by John Verge and is surrounded by the largest intact 19th century garden in NSW. Rare plantings include the oldest surviving camellia in Australia, c. japonica anemoniflora. John and Edwina and their family maintain the garden with the help of a group of dedicated
The members of the Friends of the Old Parliament House Rose Gardens are grateful for the support provided for this event by the Mercure Canberra. Parking is free on ticket validation at hotel reception.